Zealots Of Shiverpeak

A Guild Wars Guild

[ZoS] Application - Sharkey

A place for applicants to post requests to the guild.

Moderator: Arch Zealot

[ZoS] Application - Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:41 am

Account name (with #'s): Sharkey.9805
In-game name and level: Sharkey, L80, MM163
Timezone and usual play-times: PST, 5:30PM-10PM M-F, 12PM-12AM Sat, 2PM-10PM Sun
Your age: 29

How long have you been playing the game (hours)?: 4297 hours, 55 minutes over the past 1216 days, though that doesn't count beta time. 6700 deaths
Play-style(s) (PvP, PvE, WvW, etc.): PvE, dabble in WvW and PvP.
PvP Experience (rank, accomplishments, etc.): Wolf, Not a huge PvPer outside of getting my dailies done. Haven't really had an interest in league yet
Professions played in PvP: Mesmer, Engineer, Guardian
PvE Experience (accomplishments, dungeons, etc.): Too many to list. Raiding up through Sabetha, a legendary for every weapon a mesmer can wield plus HOPE, Dungeon Master, Fractal personal level up to 70 though I've done 95 and have the AR for 100 if a group wants, successful completion of all overworld metas (if the HOPE didn't already cover that). I've got 30 HoM points and have run through most of the content in GW1 if that's relevant, though I haven't Vanquished every map. I'm close to ticking 24k AP, and that's nearly all PvE content completion and dailies/monthlies since the game came out.
Professions played in PvE: Mesmer, Engineer (though I have an 80 of all classes with ascended gear primed to go)
WvW Experience (rank, play-style, commanding, etc.): I hit rank 1081 prior to the expansion, haven't had a decent group to run with since then so I don't have a good gauge of the new maps since then.
Professions played in WvW: Mesmer, Guardian

What is your home server?: Fort Aspenwood, but changing to NSP isn't an issue
Previous guild(s): What a Nice Guild [NICE]
Reason for leaving previous guild: Don't plan on it, they don't have any rep requirements as is.
Why you want to join [ZoS]?: I found you guys through a signature one of your guildmates left on a card my guildies at [NICE] handed out to sign during PAX East 2015. I looked you up and saw that you guys are pretty active and have lots of dedicated members, up to and including raiding, world events, and the like - joined for a couple of world events though, you may not have noticed amongst the masses. You guys seem to enjoy the game a lot, and have a lot of dedicated folks. I'd like to be a part of that, if you'll have me :)
Have you fully read the application post?: Yes
Do you have TeamSpeak 3 and a working microphone?: Yes
Have you read and do you agree with our rules?: Yes
A little about yourself:

I've been playing MMOs since high-school, though mainly the console variety (*cough*Phantasy Star Online*cough*) until WoW in 2004. I got pretty invested in that game, joined an endgame raiding guild up through their takedown of Kel'Thuzad in Naxx 40 at the end of Vanilla, at which time a random connection loss issue and a rededication to school killed my interest in the game for a while. I rejoined towards the end of TBC to help them wrap up Sunwell, then hopped off as school started up again, then played one last time to help them round out ICC and Ruby Sanctum in Wrath. At that point I'd tried out Cataclysm and started hearing about Guild Wars 2 - my friends were pretty big Guild Wars fans already, which helped - so I decided to jump ship once and for all and started playing Guild Wars pretty heavily from there. I hit 30 HoM points a few months prior to the first public betas, and helped my friends get some HoM points of their own up until the release at which point I've been playing Guild Wars 2, and around that time I finished up school, started my job full-time, and with a steady schedule there have been pretty hooked on Guild Wars 2 ever since. I've still hopped on GW1 to get my birthday gifts every now and then, though :)

IRL I'm a software engineer at a local start-up. Lots of NDAs and a history of demonstrations of those who violate them means I won't be getting into specifics, though I may grumble about it every now and then in chat. What I can say is that the hours are pretty firm but simple, and the crunch is relatively light compared to some of the horror stories my friends have passed around. Aside from a bi-weekly gym trip, those hours are fairly accurate for my game-time - then again, that time may not always be Guild Wars 2.

Despite my frequent time in game, I'm a little airheaded about it some times. If you schedule time for me to help with something, I'll always make sure I'm either doing it or give a reason that I won't make it in advance - otherwise I'll jump between whatever sounds the most entertaining at the time, or if I'm working towards a new legendary, working towards filling the mats for that. I have a semi-dedicated raid group that meets up to take out the bosses each week already, so if you're full up there you don't need to worry about me trying pushing in, though I'll try to be available if you need another mesmer or condi engineer.

I've got lots of charr. That site's semi-out of date, though - Sharkey's had at least 4 new looks since then.
art done by pejntboks
Sharkey
ZoS Officer

Re: [ZoS] Application - Sharkey

Postby Sitri Corday » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:37 am

Please contact an officer in game.
You are welcome to stay on your current server for the initiate period.
Dont skip the sitri!!!
Sitri Corday [Mesmer]
Horizon Corday [Elementalist]
Skip the Sitri [Warrior]
Lisara Corday [Theif]
Corday Cx [Guardian]
The Purple Rangerr [Ranger]
Cut the Shiitri [Engineer]
Sitri Corday

Re: [ZoS] Application - Sharkey

Postby Sitri Corday » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:03 am

Invited!