Zealots Of Shiverpeak

A Guild Wars Guild

[ZoS] Application - Minandrea

A place for applicants to post requests to the guild.

Moderator: Arch Zealot

[ZoS] Application - Minandrea

Postby Minandreas » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:16 am

Account name (with #'s): Minandreas.7853
In-game name and level: Minandrea (80)
Timezone and usual play-times: EST, Evenings when I have the time.
Your age: 29
How long have you been playing?: 260 hours

If I may go just a little out of order here, I think a little about myself coming first would be helpful. I learned of you guys through a guild run in the Silverwastes earlier today, and tagged along on a Straights of Devastation completion run after that. I've been looking for a guild to do larger scale organized content with, and expressed as much to one of the officers (Sorry for not being able to recall the name, I'm so awful with that :oops: ). From being in TS with people during the Straights completion run and reading over your website I'm both interested and unsure. I'm very much a noob to GW2 in the grander scheme of things. So you guys feel extremely out of my league. In addition, I'm just not going to be someone that can play every day. Not even close. Maybe one or two nights a week and the occasional day long binge when a miracle grants me a weekend free of overtime... So with that said, if taking in a noob that can't play heavily isn't something you're interested in, you can save yourself the time on reading over the rest of this. :wink:

Play-style(s) (PvP, PvE, WvW, etc.):
So far I've enjoyed every aspect of the game I've dabbled in aside from dungeons. The PvP is very fun, WvW is a blast (One of the things that makes me really desire a larger organized group to play with), and the large scale PvE content is excellent as well. I really love solo stuff too. Smaller scale group content... I'm happy to help people with things and run around in dungeons and the like. But it's not something I'd be asking others to come do with me or anything.
PvP Experience (rank, accomplishments, etc.):
I'm a deer! So I get shot at a lot... I know I'm probably far from the best PvPer, but I go in to have fun.
Professions played in PvP:
Elementalist is all I've ever really played period.
PvE Experience (accomplishments, dungeons, etc.):
Not sure what you're looking for with this one... Again *noob* but I've got 75% map completion, I hunted down all the karka in Lions Arch with a buddy one weekend without a guide (One whom is WAY more familiar with the game than I am mind you...), I'm about halfway done with all the mordrem body parts for the luminescent gear... And I guess that's probably it? :P
Professions played in PvE:
Elementalist
WvW Experience (rank, play-style, commanding, etc.):
Rank 6: Assaulter. I've pretty much just randomly tagged along with whatever zerg I can find running about and doing whatever... It's fun but obviously I'd much rather be able to communicate with people and know what's up.
Professions played in WvW:
Elementalist

What is your home server?:
Isle of Janthir
Previous guild(s):
Anderthian Box
Reason for leaving previous guild:
ABox is a guild made from a tight knit group of IRL friends that were bonkers for Guild Wars from the old days and continued on in to GW2. A group I was not a part of. :roll: I could never get in to GW1. I just couldn't. But when GW2 was announced and I saw its game play, I figured if my best friend wanted me to play that bad I'd give it a shot. So I did. And quit. Game just didn't grab me. It has now! It took an opening up of perspective and I think also some general improving of the game that happened between launch date and a couple of months ago. A few of ABox still play, but very irregularly. We've all got jobs now, family, lives to attend to. Unless we go out of the way to plan to get on together it's not uncommon to be the only person in the entire guild online. That is why I'm looking for a new home. I've already told them I'm looking. They're cool with it.
Why you want to join [ZoS]?:
I think I've covered that more or less already, but its to find a group of people to do some of the larger scale organized content with that, hopefully, is a fun low drama group.
Have you fully read the application post?:
Yes I have.
Do you have TeamSpeak 3 and a working microphone?:
Yes I do.
Have you read and do you agree with our rules?:
Yes I do.

A little... more about yourself?:
I work for an electrical engineer doing autocad, while slowly finishing my degree so I can become one myself. It's contract based work, so some weeks I can have 40 hours, or even less. And some weeks I can be completely drowning. Just the nature of the industry unfortunately. Tack school on and ouch.

I can pump out walls of text like you wouldn't believe. :roll: Or maybe you would after this application... I moderate a forum for a free to play browser MMO that is, to be entirely honest, pretty garbage. But I enjoy helping out with moderating that for the sake of doing it alone. I am also an active World of Warcraft player. *Expects torches and pitchforks* By active I mean I log in 6 hours a week. 3 hours Tues and Thurs night to raid with a super chill group of guys and gals. I love the heck out of raiding in that game. GW2 can tote it's hipster banner against the trinity all it wants, but it's just a different system with pros and cons the same as theirs. It's no better or worse. Just different and offering a different experience. :wink: I love role play and do a lot of it online (Well I used to... now its just whenever I can eke out the time.) and in any game I'm playing I often take a great deal of humor out of the perspective of my characters and the characters of others. Commenting on what they must be thinking, or what the enemy must be.

Personality wise I consider myself extremely easy to get along with. It wasn't easy finding a guild in WoW that would take me in with my schedule restrictions, that would also do any level of serious raid progression. Generally serious guilds pretty much require you to be a very active community member by default. But I did, and I've managed to make myself very welcome. In fact I've pretty much become the co-raid leader. While I may not have time to be around a lot, I am a pretty serious gamer with the mind you would expect from an engineer-to-be. I research my class, I research the fights, I research the activities, and I almost never undertake anything worth doing without doing whatever I can ahead of time to make sure I'm doing it optimally. When I'm there, I'm there with my head in the game and on time, and I'm happy to take on responsibility for unusual mechanics. I'm also the antithesis of drama. I can confidently say that I'm just too laid back for it. The last thing I ever want to do is upset someone. I don't like people being upset with me, and obviously they don't like being upset with me either. So pretty simple there. I'd rather just appease a situation and let it fade off than let it turn dramatic. Though I admit, I can curse like a sailor. Never at people. But as general use words in my vocabulary. Just the crowd I grew up with I suppose. If that offends anyone I can obviously do my best to curb it. Just forgive me if I slip and point it out so I catch it.

I'll be staying on Isle of Janthir for now, even if accepted as an initiate. I just want to give myself a little buffer time to see how I mesh with the guild in the first place. 1800 gems is 'spensive. :shock: But I understand that I'd need to transfer before that phase is over.
Minandreas
ZoS Member

Re: [ZoS] Application - Minandrea

Postby Sky » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:15 am

Please contact an officer in game. After 30 days of being an Initiate, you can become a Zealot rank once you change to the NSP server.
Sky
ZoS Member

Re: [ZoS] Application - Minandrea

Postby Pugmannis » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:29 am

Invited
Pugmannis
Arch Officer

Return to Recruitment to ZoS