Zealots Of Shiverpeak

A Guild Wars Guild

Guild in Profile?

Post any changes, ideas, or anything that concerns the Forums here.

Guild in Profile?

Postby FoxBat » Thu May 03, 2007 12:23 pm

Just a small, unimportant idea... if easy, why not add guild to the profile data, and display it in posts above or under the location info. People are already using their sigs for this purpose (e.g. Warblade and Damadmoo quite literally), as it helps to reduce confusion among people that don't know each other well yet when talking about guild/alliance issues and so forth.
FoxBat
RB Officer

Postby Hells » Thu May 03, 2007 7:47 pm

The Side is just the basic PhBB you have on most forums. Guru And GWonline do lots of coding to set the options from what I understand 8)
-Alex, aka Alex Fast Caster
Hells

Postby Uca Firewind » Thu May 03, 2007 9:20 pm

Since I didn't understand Hells, (again :lol:) I will just say this: That is a bloody brilliant idea. If that's doable, it would make me a happy girl, for one :P
Uca Firewind - Uca Pandora - Uca Braveheart - Uca No Eyes - Uca Al Thor - Uca Sedai - Uca Bashere - Uca Amyrlin - Uca Aiel - Uca Farshaw
Uca Firewind
Arch Officer

Postby Melissa Keyis » Thu May 03, 2007 9:58 pm

Hells wrote:The Side is just the basic PhBB you have on most forums. Guru And GWonline do lots of coding to set the options from what I understand 8)

It is not basic it at all :lol: I spent at least 60 + hours on these forums. There is a ton of mods I made and put on these forums.

I will look into it and see how to do it and see how much time it will take.
Melissa Keyis

Postby Damadmoo » Thu May 03, 2007 10:06 pm

Shouldn't take more then 2 hours to implement something as easy as that :D

The problem is that you can't just update the forum the old way since it will remove the change each time.
Member of We Blame It On [Cody]
Damadmoo
Cody Member

Postby Melissa Keyis » Thu May 03, 2007 10:07 pm

Well there is two simple solutions to this. One everyone changes there name and puts (guildhere) after there name. Or second which I like more I change the thing that says over 100 archiver to what guild you are in, as I don't think we need that because it says how many posts you have made already to the exact number.

What do you guys and girls think?
Melissa Keyis

Postby Hells » Thu May 03, 2007 10:15 pm

Or we can all just add it to our sig or avatar...

There is no way that you will remove my little title thingie with out raising a storm?hear me?lol
Hells

Postby Damadmoo » Thu May 03, 2007 10:22 pm

Couldn't you put everyone from a guild in a usergroup and show the usergroup instead of the amount of pot title thingy?
Member of We Blame It On [Cody]
Damadmoo
Cody Member

Postby Uca Firewind » Thu May 03, 2007 10:29 pm

Putting it in place of over-achiever is the easiest, and it gets rid of Hells title. So... win win! :D
Uca Firewind - Uca Pandora - Uca Braveheart - Uca No Eyes - Uca Al Thor - Uca Sedai - Uca Bashere - Uca Amyrlin - Uca Aiel - Uca Farshaw
Uca Firewind
Arch Officer

Postby Hells » Thu May 03, 2007 10:36 pm

Hells to da no! My title stays guys Zos Is in my sig anyways and If you dont know im in ZoS your own bad..lol

And kevin I meant we have the basic side info bar. Aside from the different color.
Hells

Postby Melissa Keyis » Thu May 03, 2007 10:38 pm

No beacuse all the alliance members are in the same user group and it does not work that way. So are we all cool with me taking out the post thing?

Ps. Hells I will just put 13 year-old nub (ZoS) 8)
Last edited by Melissa Keyis on Thu May 03, 2007 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melissa Keyis

Postby Hells » Thu May 03, 2007 10:39 pm

No no no!It stays the same or it looses the effect :mercy

Just go to profile-sig-add your guilds tag if its not in your signature image done deal!
Hells

Postby Uca Firewind » Thu May 03, 2007 10:47 pm

My sig cannot have anymore characters in it. I'm not going to delete a character name so you can have a "certain effect." Laaame.
Uca Firewind
Arch Officer

Postby Hells » Thu May 03, 2007 10:49 pm

Ill add Arch to your sig if you tell me the font.....
Hells

Postby Uca Firewind » Fri May 04, 2007 12:17 am

No. That would look retarded. No two ways around that. You could *not* do it and make it look good. Besides... some people do their forum checks at work and have sigs disabled (for a billion other reasons, too). You have the title in *your* sig, Hells. It's unreasonable to expect an entire alliance of like 200 to be inconvenienced as hell because you wish it so. The solution is clear, Kevin. If that's what you, as webmaster, feel is the easiest way, then by all means, go for it.

Because, in fact, the world does *not* revolve around Hells. :wink:
Uca Firewind
Arch Officer

Next

Return to Forums