Zealots Of Shiverpeak

A Guild Wars Guild

Suggestions for the site

Post any changes, ideas, or anything that concerns the Forums here.

Suggestions for the site

Postby EmptySea » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:58 am

OK site hasn't changed in years, literally. We used to freshen it up monthly back in the day when it was mainly me doing it, so I thought I'd throw some suggestions out there.

Every site, looks better, is easier on the eyes, and flows smoother, w/o scrolling.

News page: try adding anchors.
Screenshot page: photo album, and please add more :P

News entries are not in the same form. Some have an image, as others do not. Split them, or use 1 form or the other. Personally, I'd split, and use actual news items as plain text, and events, etc. as image w/ text.

Forums: new banner to reflect new game play, etc.?
EmptySea

Postby EmptySea » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:06 am

Rules Section: Split them for easier access to a certain section of the rules.

EX. Guild Rules <-----that's a link to the guild rules.
Membership <------- yada yada

Fonts used throughout look exploded, and do not fit the guilds image (Site not forums). You can do to much.

You still have the link to ULGG...lol no 1 knows flash here anymore? email me the .swf and I can update it.
EmptySea

Postby FireFox » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:10 am

wasabi's fault
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill
FireFox
Texan Wizard

Postby EmptySea » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:16 am

lol how is it wasabi's fault? sci made this layout. haha

those images beside the words News on home page....wtf is wit those borders around them? and the image bg to the section that the news rests on, doesn't repeat to the bottom.
EmptySea

Postby EmptySea » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:51 am

scratch that on the .swf file. got the .fla file in the server?
EmptySea

Re: Suggestions for the site

Postby Grace » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:03 pm

ok if this is the wrong spot, i appologize, mods can just move it later - i suppose. I couldn't find anything more recent on this subject. I was about to update my website when i googled zos forums came up, thought I'd waste a few minutes and check the forums and site.

im not sure (been a while since I used dreamweaver or flash) but the margins on the site at least for the members page seems to be getting clipped. you cant scroll as far as the text goes. Its not the biggest thing to worry about I guess but I am sure a few members probably have a sense of pride being on the list and having your name cut in half when you find it, probably sucks.

anyway Hi everyone, sorry I havent popped in much to say hello. lots going on in life... ya know how it is. ;) take care.

HuGs, GraceParagon
Grace

Re: Suggestions for the site

Postby EmptySea » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:36 am

wats the url to your site?
EmptySea

Return to Forums