Zealots Of Shiverpeak

A Guild Wars Guild

Virtual DnD

Post anything here that doesn't deal with Guild Wars.

Moderator: Arch Zealot

Virtual DnD

Postby Shredder » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:43 pm

Heeeey...
If I Dm'd a game of DnD 3.5, would anyone here actually want to play?
its a lot like pathfinder if any of you have played that X3
Shredder
ZoS Member

Re: Virtual DnD

Postby Shredder » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:48 pm

as no one bit o that i thought id show you what i'm writing so far, im still formulating as of right now, i kinda want to get some imput as i get players.

I'm writing a Revamp of one of my Earlier settings I did nine+ years ago, ill show you what i've written so far.
i tend to avoid dragons like the plague so i decided to try a 180 on my stance and see how it turns out

many tales exist of Greyrend, of heroes who slay the mightiest of dragons, of dragons to slay heroes by the drove, and of legends even older still, of gods and there struggles...
but this is not the world it would appear like it once was. this world, is cold, dark, and there is no light. the entire world is encased, in endless winter and blizzards, few creatures survive in this barren ice and snow. this is no mere endless winter, its very existence consumes mundane fires like they were mere candles in a storm. but one wonders... how is there life then?

Dragons, and mankind, are one. when the cold set upon the world, many died out, but the ones that survive, are the ones dragons in turn fell upon, as powerful as ancient dragons may be, if the world died, so too would they. so dragons brought fire to mankind, enough to stave the cold, and let life endure... as the dragons grew, so too did there fire, and so too could there reach, and cities began to form once again, warmed by the heat of the forges at there hearts, there pipes traveling across the cities to warm them, and at there core, the fires of a dragon.
this symbiotic relationship grew with the fire wyrms, but others did not survive, they did not produce the flame, and so they were no more... only the mighty Reds and golds reside within the cities now, only small dragons of the other breeds remaining, as watchers, to defend there homes.

to say all breeds died would be a falsehood, White dragons out in the blizzards remain, legends, horrors to travelers, while never seen or herd of, the stories remain, and are one of many stories people tell to each other to explain why travelers never return...
Silvers as well, and just the opposite, legends of them saving poor souls are not rare, but they are rarely seen anymore, so they fade to myth.

the cold has consumed the world, and we survive and live on, but things in the blizzards did as well, making travel dangerous, but it is eternally necessary, trade is how they survive, and we must always travel into the storms... to find other cities in the snow, to find resources lost to the ages, and even to find those few places that survived the cold, told of in legends, Springs, hidden caverns, anything is possible.
Shredder
ZoS Member

Re: Virtual DnD

Postby Syndis » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:47 pm

Hey Kotonashi... you might check out viewtopic.php?f=60&t=7993 the "Zealots of Dungeons & Dragons" topic under General Guild Chat instead of Off Topic.

There are quite a few of us actually playing, but the current run is 5th Ed... although we've done 3.5 and 4e as well.
Syndis - Azumi Gessai - Amelia Arvin - Anavrin Moordeb - Leona Graveborne - Karlis Kantara - Ju Kyu - Alexis Tamsyn - Keri Blacklord - Rebecca Cloudheart - Amara Windsong - Kyrsi Taika
- Apahni - Zoë Hyrenthal - Amara Adelbern - Yoshie Chiyoko - Mystianya - Tigeira - Aeryn Chase - Tethyos - Ærynéa - Kyriessa - Krys Snow - Kyrsi - Zerin Duskweaver - Ynari - Sarah Frost
Syndis
ZoS Member

Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma when not lost in the wilds of Tyria

Return to Off topic