Zealots Of Shiverpeak

A Guild Wars Guild

[ZoS] Application - <Phifiel>

A place for applicants to post requests to the guild.

Moderator: Arch Zealot

[ZoS] Application - <Phifiel>

Postby Phifiel » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:32 am

Account name (with #'s): moonbeans.6014
In-game name and level: My main character's name is Phifiel, a level 80 Thief (Daredevil). I also have a level 80 Ranger (Druid) named Môônbeans, a level 80 Elementalist (Weaver) named Chawo Furfire, a level 80 Revenant named Yulux, and a level 56 Guardian named Knut Knutr. I keep Knut Knutr at level 56 to open up bags for crafting materials. I also still regularly play Guild Wars 1 if anybody would like to do some Zaishen Bounties anytime =v=
Timezone and usual play-times: -5 Eastern Standard Time. I mainly play just before and after reset, but play much longer on weekends.
Your age: 24

How long have you been playing the game (hours)?: ~610 hours over the past 97 days.
Play-style: I mainly stick to PvE and WvW, but I've been dabbling in PvP more and more.
PvP Experience: Rank 14 (deer). No accomplishments to speak of. I've been complimented for not being toxic even after losing, if that means anything. I mainly just ask for pointers from both allies and enemies after every match to try and improve.
Professions played in PvP: Thief (Daredevil). Mostly S/D or D/P marauder.
PvE Experience: I've gotten 100% map completion. I've completed the dungeon stories and several exploration paths. I am currently in tier 3 fractals. I've no raid experience, but I've been put into raid training groups that I hope to play with in the near future. I've successfully completed every meta event up to Path of Fire, including completion of all Silverwastes achievements. I've been holding back on diving into Path of Fire because I'd like to play through the Living World Season 3 to understand the lore a bit more thoroughly.
Professions played in PvE: Thief (Daredevil and Deadeye), Ranger (Druid), Elementalist (Weaver) and Revenant.
WvW Experience: Rank 26: Scout. Since I main thief, I usually roam and capture camps while killing dolyaks. I've participated in several zergs and regularly lead a group of small friends while roaming and capturing camps and keeps.
Professions played in WvW: Mainly just thief, particularly power-based S/D and D/P builds. I've been tinkering with a power-based Deadeye build these days, however. I'd love to roam with my Ranger using a Soulbeast build, but I don't have the gear or know how at the moment. For particularly large zergs, I'll sometimes switch to Elementalist to be more effective.

What is your home server?: Fort Aspenwood. I am interested in hearing if ZoS's policy on switching servers is still enforced as the developers have stated that they intend to rework servers.
Previous guild(s): I've not left any guilds. I am, however, the leader of a small guild that I made with a group of irl friends. Although I know ZoS has a 100% rep policy, I was wondering if an officer could tell me whether or not it would be okay to sometimes rep that guild when I'm doing a guild mission or two with friends from that guild. This does not mean I would not participate in guild missions with ZoS - I would merely do them with both guilds. I am also part of a couple other guilds.
Reason for leaving previous guild: N/A
Why you want to join [ZoS]?: I remember ZoS from the early days of Guild Wars 1. I recently ran into a member in Guild Wars 2 and was thoroughly surprised to know that ZoS was still around as I always thought it was neat how ZoS was written into Guild Wars lore with the Battle for Kyhlo and the death of Mordakai. I would consider it a great honor to be able to join ZoS and be a part of that lore.
Have you fully read the application post?: Yes, including the rules.
Do you have TeamSpeak 3 and a working microphone?: Yes to both questions.
Have you read and do you agree with our rules?: Yes, I think they're reasonable. I would need to know how flexible that 100% rep policy is before proceeding, however.
A little about yourself: I recently graduated from college and am pursuing work as a translator. It's not a glamorous profession, but it makes traveling abroad a whole lot easier. My work involves translating Korean and Japanese. Besides Guild Wars 2, I also play Guild Wars 1, Fortnite, Overwatch, and some games on Steam that I find myself going back to every now and then (e.g. Skyrim, Fallout, Crusader Kings 2, etc.). Although I wouldn't consider myself an avid gamer anymore, I still play most days if only to complete daily quests. I recently got my hands on the Guild Wars novels and have been reading through Edge of Destiny. It's better than I'd expected! Anyway, I look forward to playing alongside many of you in the near future.

Officer, I hope this application suffices. Even if things don't work about for whatever reason, I wanted to say thank you for your time and patience. =v=
Phifiel

Re: [ZoS] Application - <Phifiel>

Postby Gwen » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:00 pm

Please contact an Officer in game!
Gwen
ZoS Officer

Re: [ZoS] Application - <Phifiel>

Postby Gwen » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:36 pm

Invited!
Gwen
ZoS Officer

Return to Recruitment to ZoS