Zealots Of Shiverpeak

A Guild Wars Guild

Anyone seen an issue with Vent causing blue screens?

For News items.

Moderators: Frosty, Belorn

Anyone seen an issue with Vent causing blue screens?

Postby Meat Shield Darbin » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:58 pm

Basically I get the program up and running and when I try to connect, it either bombs (if I am lucky) or blue screens. I haven't changed anything on my system in two months and was trying to get on Vent to find folks for a BWE. Never saw anyone until last hour of event so no joy.

As a side note, I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and still same problem. Next thing I am looking for is anyone seeing similar results.
Meat Shield Darbin

Re: Anyone seen an issue with Vent causing blue screens?

Postby odinkranz » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:26 am

Haven't seen any blue screens associated with Vent. Then again, just take note of the err number on the blue screen which may give you an idea what is causing the problem. The interwebz will provide the err reference code.
*The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood. -Buddha*
odinkranz
ZoS Member

Postby Meat Shield Darbin » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:23 am

odinkranz wrote:Haven't seen any blue screens associated with Vent. Then again, just take note of the err number on the blue screen which may give you an idea what is causing the problem. The interwebz will provide the err reference code.

It was one of those generic codes that mean nothing and don't point out the offending bit of software. 0x0000008e or something like that. Don't remember it off the top of my head.
Meat Shield Darbin

Postby odinkranz » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:16 am

Actually, that code which you think is generic is not. It's the key to telling you what is causing the problem. RAM, HDD, graphics card failure etc will churn out different codes. Just take note of it and google on internet.
*The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood. -Buddha*
odinkranz
ZoS Member

Postby Meat Shield Darbin » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:08 pm

odinkranz wrote:Actually, that code which you think is generic is not. It's the key to telling you what is causing the problem. RAM, HDD, graphics card failure etc will churn out different codes. Just take note of it and google on internet.

Yep, done that and it points at memory issues but I have full diag suite and it finds no problems. Going to keep working on it until something pops up that is blatant and can't be misunderstood as to what the problem is.

Thanks for the follow up!
Meat Shield Darbin

Return to Announcements and News