Zealots Of Shiverpeak

A Guild Wars Guild

Mesmer! Stoked for GW2 in General!

For News items.

Moderators: Frosty, Belorn

Mesmer! Stoked for GW2 in General!

Postby shinjinbukai » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:41 pm

The Mesmer looks AWESOME! I so far have 2 RL friends who will join us on this games epic journey. I can't wait to see mercedes try to out style me. :P

I can't believe how much older our player base got... it's a great thing. It's going to be interesting to see how a bunch of us play together after years of synergy.
shinjinbukai
ZoS Member

Re: Mesmer! Stoked for GW2 in General!

Postby Ventashar » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:41 am

In a way, the Mesmer actually kind of reminds me of an Assassin type. Main reason for that is the Portal skill, teleporting around and all. Just feels like they should let the Thief have all the fun with shadowstepping/teleporting around.

But more on topic, yes the Mesmer looks awesome and even though i always hated Mesmers (i play a Warrior, Mesmers are the bane of my existence), this actually makes me want to try one out.

For those who haven't seen the Mesmer, here's your link straight to the GW2 Mesmer page: http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/p ... ns/mesmer/
Ventashar

Postby Silverdawn » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:48 am

Unlike shadow stepping, the portal spell creates a ground-based effect that has a duration and can be used by more than just the caster (ArenaNet has said they're currently trying to decide which allies should be able to go through - but other players will, for sure!). Also, it won't take you anywhere you haven't already been.

Besides, Thieves aren't the only ones teleporting. The guardian has a teleporting sword skill and I've seen Elementalists use an air skill to teleport as well. In GW1, Necromancers had some teleportation skills. I don't know if they have any in GW2, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Long story short, I don't think portal will step on the Thief's archetype as the king of mobility.
Silverdawn
ZoS Member

Postby Mercedes » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:06 am

shinjinbukai wrote:The Mesmer looks AWESOME! I so far have 2 RL friends who will join us on this games epic journey. I can't wait to see mercedes try to out style me. :P

Please. I don't even need to put forth effort. I sweat style.
This post is like taking a dump and when you go to wipe, a sheen of gold flake is the only thing you see on the toilet paper and when you look in the toilet it's a log-shaped diamond of unparalleled brilliance.
Mercedes
ZoS Member

Postby Xo-Twinblade » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:59 pm

I play gw2 irl

rather than love than money than faith than fame than fairness... give me truth
Xo-Twinblade
ZoS Member

Postby odinkranz » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:08 am

Mercedes wrote:Please. I don't even need to put forth effort. I sweat style.

Epic line. :lol:
*The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood. -Buddha*
odinkranz
ZoS Member

Postby jeremy untouchable » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:31 am

I should be Bored with Swtor by the end of this year. Bring it on!!
jeremy untouchable

Return to Announcements and News